The Linnea Hauge, PhD, Promising Educational Scholar Award will be awarded annually to individuals who are either a senior resident/fellow (provided they completed at least three clinical years in a surgical residency) or are early career clinicians or MS/PhD educators within five years of practice. If the nominee is a resident, the program director should be involved in the nomination. The award goes to individuals demonstrating promise as a future leader and scholar in surgical education.
Please note residents may be nominated for Outstanding Resident Teacher Award OR the Linnea Hauge, PhD, Promising Educational Scholar Award. A resident may not be nominated for both awards in the same year.
- Passion and enthusiasm for surgical education scholarship
- Active involvement in program or curriculum development or educational research
- Scholarly productivity as an educational researcher
- Participation in professional societies focused on education, either by committee involvement or presentations
- Role modeling of professional characteristics
Prior to proceeding with this nomination, the nominator will need the following information:
- Nominee’s CV
- An educational scholarship statement that includes a synthesis of contributions to educational scholarship and vision for the nominee’s educational scholarship over the next 3-5 years.
The nominator should be prepared to complete the following short essays regarding the nominee:
- Why do you think the nominee deserves this award?
- How has the nominee demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for surgical education scholarship?
- Please give an example of the nominee role modeling professionalism.
- Please list program or curriculum development or scholarly projects the nominee has led.
Please be prepared to provide the following information:
- A list of the nominee’s peer-reviewed manuscripts related to surgical education.
- A list of the nominee’s leadership roles in courses or groups related to surgery and surgical education, including involvement in national committees related to surgical education as well as local leadership roles.
- A list of the nominee’s educational awards and honors.