Thinking Out of the Box Session Abstract Submission Deadline:
November 3, 2023 11:59PM ET
The Committee on Assessment, Curriculum, and Evaluation (ACE) is now accepting abstract applications for the Thinking Out of the Box session to be held at the 44th Annual Meeting of the Association for Surgical Education (ASE) taking place April 23, 2024 through April 25, 2024.
This session will consist of five 5-minute presentations each followed by one-minute Q&A. Ideas presented in the Thinking Out of the Box session include, but are not limited to, creative teaching methods, new assessment tools, practical faculty development programs, new usage of information technology in the educational enterprise and innovations for interdisciplinary educational courses.
All submissions must include the following:
- Full author list
- Topic of Presentation: Assessment Tool; Faculty Development; Information Technology; Interdisciplinary Educational; Teaching Method
- Target of Intervention: Faculty; Graduating Students; Medical Students on Core Clerkship; Pre-clinical Medical Students; Residents
- Program in education addressed by this work
- Intervention description
- Improvement/Outcome from intervention
- Application of intervention at other institutions
- Identify potential barriers for implementation and mitigation strategy
Submissions for this session are to include creative ideas used in the presenter’s institution. It is expected that these presentations showcase novel ideas that may not have yet been subjected to scientific scrutiny. Data slides are not necessary.
In addition to podium presentations at the Thinking Out of the Box session, selected abstracts may be identified for video presentation. Videos will be limited to (3) three minutes of presented work. Selections for video presentation are at the discretion of the reviewers. Please indicate on the submission form if you would also like to be considered for video presentation.