The Outstanding Resident Teacher Award will be made annually to up to four residents who are actively involved in surgical education and who are considered by their chair, faculty, or residents/students to be outstanding resident teachers. Nominees for this award must possess the qualities of an outstanding teacher which include:
- commitment to teaching,
- knowledge and resourcefulness in acquiring knowledge,
- innovation in teaching strategies,
- enthusiasm for teaching learners of all interests and skill levels,
- motivating learners and stimulating interest in learning about surgery,
- commitment to maintaining a productive learning environment,
- encouragement of problem solving,
- ability to provide feedback and effective evaluation,
- role modeling of professional characteristics,
- openness to new ideas
Eligible residents will have completed two clinical program years (PGY3 or above at time of nomination).
Sorry. This form is no longer available.